Friday, August 20, 2010

Shed What Was Left of Our Summer Skin

I cannot believe that it is now nearing the end of August. This summer has absolutely flown by. Rediculous.

I guess when you don't go to school, and your summer consists of working monday through friday, it seems a bit different. But regardless, fall is approaching, and that means one thing:

New music from Eric Braun.

There will be 2 albums released within the next little while. Both will have roughly 7 songs each. I felt this was better than releasing a full length just for the fact that I can concentrate on one at a time and not have 14 different songs with different styles all crammed into one album. The other good thing about these albums, for all you financially-minded people, is that these will be free. Which also means I probably won't end up releasing them through iTunes, because I don't think you can sell music for free there. So I'll spend the next little while trying to figure out how to get it into people's hands. It won't be printed either, for the reason that I can't spend $400 to produce and print copies and then just hand them out. I may be dumb, but i'm not that dumb. So it will probably just be available for download in some manner, and then feel free to burn and distribute as necessary.

I'll be starting the recording within a few weeks, and I'll make a concious effort not to spend any more time than I need to in the studio. I'll release more information on the albums as the recording process takes shape.

Now i'm going to go and try to enjoy these last few days of summer....

No comments:

Post a Comment